Theo Kalomirakis has been designing home theaters for the past 25 years. His first client was Ron Lauder and since then has built them for everyone from The Rock to Seth MacFarlane.
Home theaters or home theatre is a theater built in a home, designed to mimic (or exceed) commercial theater performance and feeling, more commonly known as a home cinema. Today, home cinema implies a real “cinema experience” at a private home.
- Home cinema, commonly referred to as home theater or home theatre, are home entertainment set-ups that seek to reproduce movie theater video and audio feeling in a private home
- Backyard theater, home theater in the backyard. Depending on the space available, it may simply be a temporary version with foldable screen, a projector and couple of speakers, or a permanent fixture with huge screens and dedicated audio set up poolside. Due to the outdoor nature, it is quite popular with BBQ parties and pool parties.
- Home theater in a box, HTIB is an modestly-priced integrated home theater package which “bundles” together a combination DVD-Video or Blu-ray Disc player and multi-channel amplifier (which includes a surround sound decoder, a radio tuner, and other features), speaker wires, connection cables, a remote control, a set of five or more surround sound speakers (or more rarely, just left and right speakers) and a low-frequency subwoofer
- AV receiver, often referred to as home theater systems or home entertainment system
- Front video projector and projector screen, often referred to as a home theatre or Home cinema
- Home theater PC, HTPC or media PC is a convergence device that combines the functions of a personal computer and a media center software which feature video and music playback
- Media center, refers either to a dedicated computer appliance (like a Home theater PC) or to a specialized personal computer software, both of which are adapted for playing various kinds of media (music, movies, photos etc.), and it usually has a 10-foot user interface design to be used in living-room TV with a remote control.
- Switchable projection window, is a new product and design having multifunctions for a room, and may turn a window into TV screen while remaining full function of a window.