Students stabbed in Fight near Barclays Center

A 16-year-old was stabbed in the stomach during a melee with dozens of students in Downtown Brooklyn.

“I see a young pull out a knife; he was going to stab another young person with it. Fortunately, one of the parents was here and she made him put it back,” said James Caldwell, an eyewitness.

But the parents of these other teens were nowhere in sight.

So the beat down commenced near Atlantic Terminal Mall and the Barclays Center Monday afternoon around 3:30.

“One young man picked up a teenager, threw him down and knocked him unconscious,” Caldwell said.

From Newscopter 7, you can see the crowd beginning to disperse along Atlantic and Flatbush avenues in Fort Greene just after 4.

This after a 16-year-old was stabbed in the torso.

A police officer was maced.

Caldwell found himself in the center of it all, the president of the 77th precinct community council, and a vendor.

“It started lasted approximately 30 minutes,” Caldwell said.

“We know for a fact that there were at least four or five schools involved in this melee,” said Tony Herbert, of community affairs.

The brawl culminated with one teen outnumbered and on the ground as others pounced on him.

“It’s unfortunate that certain times in the city, certain areas of the city have that problem. Yesterday was an example of that. It’s something our local precinct commanders try to deal with by assigning extra coverage in subways, transit lines, as well as where kids congregate,” Police Commissioner William Bratton said.

Police confirm this area is where teens come to settle a score. It’s not far from where a vicious after school girl fight happened at a McDonald’s last year.

But that won’t happen now, not with all of these officers already in position.

“The police were already here, but even with the police being here, they have no respect for them,” Caldwell said.

The victim, a 16-year-old student from South Shore High School, was stabbed in the stomach by another teen from John Jay High School. Police said the teen has non-life threatening injuries and is still at Brooklyn Hospital.

Three people were arrested and charges are pending.