A British mom died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria following a “butt lift” operation.

Jane Kiiza caught the rare bacterial infection after the procedure to remove fat from various parts of her body and inject it into her buttocks.

The 47-year-old is reportedly the first British person to die from the procedure.

Kiiza visited top surgeon Dr. Shailesh Vadodaria for the “Brazilian butt lift” surgery in June this year at an exclusive clinic on London’s Harley Street.

During surgery, Vadodaria removed fat from her back, legs and stomach and injected it into her buttocks, reported Mirror Online.

But two days later, Kiiza contacted him in a panic suffering from intense pain as the bacteria tore through her body.

She was rushed to her local hospital where she was given antibiotics, but then went into septic shock.

Surgeons cut out the infection, but before they could operate again, she went into cardiac arrest and died.

Analysis of swabs revealed the infection had been caused by the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which does not normally cause an infection.

The extremely rare flesh-eating infection was only found in Kiiza’s buttocks.

The infection was so rare there are only five published cases ever of it occurring after liposuction and only one case

after fat transfer in the whole world.

The coroner ruled that Kiiza “died from complications of surgery.”